Friday, November 20, 2009

Borrowing an Idea and the Dollar Tree

While cruising around my bookmarks I came upon this post at 320 Sycomore. I have only recently found this site and I'm in heaven. Melissa has so many good ideas! She recently was inspired by some beautiful pieces she saw in a cataloge. With that inspiration she made her own version. When I saw them I wanted some too! She got all her supplies at Dollar Tree. I love Dollar Tree! So as soon as I could I headed there.

Here's my version.


I got the candle and the hurricane thingy at Dollar Tree. I already had the candle holder.

I, just like Melissa hot glued the candle holder to the hurricane thingy and then the white candle inside it. I just have to add when you glue it together you have to pay attention in order to get it centered. You can't be telling one of your three year old's to get off the counter, because if you do one of your beautiful creations might be a little off center. I'm just saying.


 

I used some fall looking leaves and berries that I cut off a dollar store vine and just dropped them in.


Pardon the crooked picture. The fireplace and the surrounding book shelves are a work in progress. I put most of that stuff up there a year ago right after we moved in and right before my boys 2nd birthday party.

So a visit the the Dollar Tree and only $4. I got some new pretties.

I can't wait to decorate my new pretties for Christmas!

Have you already started decorating for Christmas?

4 comments:

  1. I never saw her post and made some this weekend.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Thank you for the tip about Family Dollar~I want to showcase all of you that have done these soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help - my hot glue is not holding the hurricane on the candlestick...I came to you from 320 Sycamore - she had so many comments I figured I would have a hard time getting a response.
    alwaysrkp@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I'm getting married in January and I saw this and went out right away and bought enough to make 10 for table center pieces! My fiance thought I had gone bizerk! But when he saw the finished product with ribbon around the inside candle and silk flowers to match the ones in my bouquet, he was really impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails