Friday, November 13, 2009

Tables by Daddy

I've wanted to get the boys tables for months, but didn't want to pay the high price for them. While browsing in Pottery Barn one day, the hubster said he could make one for way cheaper, so that's what he did.


This was the inspiration table. You can see it and the price it's selling for here.

I liked the table because of the lip around the top, I figured it would stop play-doh and moon sand from falling on the floor. The boys would be able to play with their cars on it and they wouldn't just roll off.

I love Pottery Barn, but I don't love their prices. I like to get the catalogs and get ideas so I can try to recreate my own version of them for much lower prices.

The hubster was able to make both tables for about 100 bucks! That's a deal in my book.




Boy #2's table, including moon sand and crayons.

Boy #1's table including water paints.

What have you seen that has inspired you to recreate it? Do tell! I love to be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails