Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Starting at the Beginning

Since I introduced myself yesterday, today I thought I would introduce you to my home. In June 2008 we, being my husband and toddler twin boys, moved from a small home in a small town, to a larger home in a smaller town. The market was not doing well, but we needed more space and my husband wanted to live closer to his work so that he could cut down his hour and fifteen minuet drive two and from work. We put our house on the market in May 2007, the house began showing immediately, which was all kinds of stressful. I not only had two small children, but I was watching my nephew who was an infant and we had 3 dogs and 3 cats all of which I had to contain when people came to view it. I also had to not be there when they came and sometimes we only got a 30 minuet notice. We naively figures the house would sell soon because it was a great house we had lived there nine years and our realtor told us it would. We learned don't believe everything or most of what your realtor says. Not that I think realtor are bad, they are not, but sometimes they are out of the loop on what helps a house sell and not so good at getting information or feed back to you, at least ours was.

So, we waited a few weeks and began looking for a new home. I want to tell you both times we have bought a home we ended up buying the first one we saw. Sure we looked at others, but it was the first one that always stuck out to us. Funny I know, because most of the time it's the first one you forget and some of the later ones you remember.

To make a long and stressful story shorter, it took us a month short of a year to sell our old home. We had been paying double mortgages for 9 months and we also had an empty rent house on the market, that was unoccupied at the time. So basically we were paying 3 house payments a month and we aren't rich. We had put some money back in anticipation that this might happen but it was really, really starting to strain everything in our lives. Our account, our relationship and or mental state. Thankfully just when we needed it the most we got an offer, not a very good one, but one we could live with and we accepted it. We were in a much better situation and I could finally began to work on making my new house a home.



This was our old 1459sqft 30 year old home. We lived here for 9 years. We brought our babies home here.


To this 2 year old never lived in before home with 2585sqft. This picture was taken by the county assessors office. I have of course added some things on the front porch, but is is basically what it looks like. It looks lovely in the summer but unfortunately I either don't have or can't find any pictures of it. That would be my mom's truck in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails